Privacy House Rules at The Old Vicarage
Your privacy is always important to us. These policies aim to balance your privacy with our need to provide you with a responsive service and comply with the latest legislation.
For more details about who we are please look on our ‘About Us’ page. The Old Vicarage Tideswell is a trading name of PURSGLOVE ENDEAVOUR LIMITED, Company Registration Number: 03863000.
You can contact us by emailing [email protected] or using the form on our ‘Contact’ page.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We are a family-run business and never share our visitor’s personal information with any third parties.
The only way we can view any of your personal information is if you send us an e-mail, use the contact form or use our booking system which is provided by Checkfront. This information is stored securely and only seen by this website’s administrators.
We use some third party plugins to enhance your experience and provide these services.
Personal data is captured when someone submits a contact form (Such as your name, your email address and your message), we will generally keep your messages but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
Booking a room
Personal data is captured when someone submits a booking (Such as your name, address, your email address etc.), we will generally keep your details active for the time leading up to and after your visit but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes. We are bound by UK law to keep financial records for a minimum of 6 years from the end of the last company financial year that those records relate to.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you had visited the other website. For example if you watch a Facebook video which is embedded on this website and you are a Facebook account holder, anonymous data will be sent to Facebook to tally how many people had interacted with the video.
Only the website administrators will have access to this anonymous data. For example how many visits the website gained from a certain source or the average length a visitor spends on the website.
How long we retain your data
What rights you have over your data
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes.
- Cookie means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of our site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;
- Cookie Law means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
- Personal Data means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you provide us such as your name and email address. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for legal or security purposes.
Where we keep your data
The data on this website is hosted by SiteGround Hosting Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 09348602), with registered address: 3rd Floor, 11-12 St James’ Square, London, SW1Y 4LB
How we protect your data
Your data is stored securely on this website using PCI compliant hosting, SSL Encryption (by Cloudflare) and a security service called WordFence. Website administration is provided by Pursglove Endeavour t/a The Old Vicarage B&B and the website’s creators MM&B Studio, a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.